Rhinoplasty: See the result of your procedure before the operation.
I’m worried about how I will look after the surgery. Can I see the result before I decide to go ahead? 3D rhinoplasty simulation with Vectra Imaging System.
The main advantage of this system is that it significantly reduces the risk of any misunderstanding between doctor and patient.
- It is easier for patients to explain what they want by referring to the screen and showing the surgeon exactly the changes they wish to be made.
- The surgeon then suggests possible solutions and they work together on the screen in order to achieve the desired result. This stress-free procedure gives patients an accurate image of their future appearance.
Thanks to this new technology, any concerns about the final result are greatly diminished. The misunderstandings of the past are replaced by the certainty of the image.
Patients confirm that the combination of Dr. Mireas as a surgeon and the use of the simulator enabled them to proceed with the operation in full confidence regarding the final aesthetic and functional results.
How the simulator works.
The Vectra 3D Imaging System as well as the Mirror® and Face Sculptor® software have been developed by Canfield Scientific, a global pioneer in medical and surgical imaging systems.
- First, a 3D image of the patient’s face is captured, which takes less than a minute.
- Then, using the special software, a 3D simulation of the final result is shown on the screen.
- Other operations that can be simulated are mentoplasty, chin augmentation, profiloplasty, liposuction etc.
Rhinoplasty from every angle.
During the simulation the surgeon can show the patient the result of two angles at the same time, a before-and-after comparison, the result of two or more operations in combination, as well as much more, depending on the case.
There are many options for how to show the 3D image during the simulation procedure:
- From any angle.
- Superimposition of before and after images.
- From 2 different angles at the same time.
- Before and after images side-by-side.
The more demanding and complicated the operation, the greater the advantage of using the system.
- In revision rhinoplasty the surgeon can measure dimensions and angles with absolute precision.
- In cases of major reconstructive surgery, CT and MRI results can be incorporated in the system.
- In a skin transplant after removal of a tumor, volume and surface area can be precisely calculated.
Advanced technology and surgical excellence produce the perfect cosmetic and functional result.
Other key factors to ensure the best possible results are:
- A complete examination prior to the surgery, which involves taking the patient’s history, a physical examination, endoscopy and simulation.
- Good communication between patient and surgeon.
- Optimal operating conditions (operating room, surgical staff and specialized instruments and equipment)
Complete examination prior to surgery.
The first visit and consultation lasts 1 hour and includes:
- A clinical examination
- Endoscopy and video recording of the inside of the nose
- A 3D simulation of the final result followed by a discussion with Dr. Mireas
A complete consultation of 1 hour is usually necessary. A 10 or 15-minute visit is not enough to cover all the aspects of such a complicated procedure.
Learn more about a full consultation at the VIP-Rhinoplasty Center here.
Diamond Ultrasonic Rhinoplasty.
The most advanced rhinoplasty technology uses ultrasound vibrations. The piezo system, also known as ultrasonic or diamond rhinoplasty system, launched globally in 2014 and was brought to Greece in 2017 by Dr. Mireas, a leading practitioner who also trains other surgeons in the use of the new technology.
Diamond rhinoplasty does not use hammers, chisels and rasps but employs rhinosculpture and ultrasound technology.
Find out more about the new ultrasonic rhinoplasty technique.