Chin augmentation (genioplasty)
The aim of combined rhinoplasty and
chin augmentation surgery is an attractive, symmetrical face.
The main things
you need to know about chin augmentation:
Chin augmentation combined with rhinoplasty or other major operations takes place under general anesthetic.
If the operation is on the chin alone, it takes place under local anesthetic and rarely under general anesthetic.
The stages of chin augmentation surgery
Depending on the case, rhinoplasty surgery in combination with chin augmentation surgery involves the following stages:
· The patient is placed on the operating table.
· The area is disinfected.
· Local anesthetic and sedation or general anesthetic (if required) are administered.
· The area where the implant will be inserted through the mouth or through a small incision on the outside of the chin is prepared.
· The implant is inserted in the chin area.
· The incisions are closed.
Duration of the procedure
Combined with rhinoplasty, chin augmentation surgery takes up to three hours in total.
Stay at the clinic
You will be able to leave six hours after the operation. If other procedures are performed at the same time, such as uvulopalatopharyngoplasty, you will stay overnight and leave the next morning.
The results of chin augmentation surgery are permanent, and no follow-up surgery is required.
Successful chin augmentation surgery
The success of chin augmentation surgery depends on choosing an experienced surgeon, who in consultation with the patient, will create a beautiful, natural face.
If you have chosen combined chin augmentation surgery and rhinoplasty:
· Make sure you are informed in detail about the stages of the surgery that apply in each case during the rhinoplasty procedure
In addition to rhinoplasty, chin augmentation is often combined with other facial procedures, such as surgery on the eyelids or ears, a facelift, or liposuction.